Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Instant Karma's gonna get you, gonna look you right in the face

So, once again, I'm sitting in front of a computer, blogging.  I never thought I'd be sharing my brain with the general public.  It's definitely a very scary proposition!  Hopefully by now people are finding it enjoyable and aren't becoming bored with my words.  I've heard from a few people that I'm making them cry, so I'll switch gears a little today.  Hopefully, I'll make you laugh.  We'll see.

In August of 2006, John and I took what we call our trip of a lifetime to celebrate our 40th birthdays.  It actually started as a long weekend, and evolved into a 17 day trip to different parts of Europe.  The first leg of our journey began in London, England.  We had tickets to see the Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang Tour" at the Twickenham Stadium, which is southwest of London.

The evening of the concert, John and I took "the tube" to the Richmond stop, then had to catch a bus to the stadium.  It was a long journey, but we made it unscathed.  We decided when we first walked through the gates to buy our tee shirts and souvenirs first, then we'd find our seats.

So we're standing in this brutal line, waiting to buy our items.  It was mass chaos.  Anyone who says that the Brits are civilized have never been to a Stones concert across the pond.  People were pushing and shoving and cutting in line, it got to the point where there wasn't even really a line, it was just a mass of people, elbowing each other.  Tempers flared.  I'm Irish.  It got ugly.

A British dude in a very expensive looking sherpa coat cut in line in front of me and literally pushed me out of his way.  Then he shoved a boy who was standing in front of me, Dude just moved this kid over and got in line in front of him!  Well, it's one thing to shove an adult, but don't you dare do that to a kid.  I was PISSED!

I had a few choice words to say to Dude.  He looked flabbergasted!  He shot me a look like "who does this insane woman with the American accent think she's talking to?!"  He copped a big attitude, said he was there first and I was mistaken.  I turned on the "ugly American" and gave him hell.  John was laughing by this point, he likes it when I get feisty.  Well, long story short, after exchanging many not so nice words, Dude gave up, turned around, faced forward and ignored me.  Everyone near us turned around.  The "incident" with the ugly American was over.  ...Or was it??

So, I'm standing behind Dude, by this point the kid had given up and left.  Dude pretended that I wasn't there, he did his best to ignore my snide comments (did I mention that I was an ugly American??).  Well, while this was going on, I realized that I had been really chomping down on my chewing gum and my jaw hurt, I needed to spit out the gum.  I have bad gum Karma so I knew if I just threw it on the ground, I'd be the one to step on it.  So, I looked around, trying to find a trash can or piece of paper.  Then I had an epiphany....

Dude's nice, expensive sherpa coat.  I can hear what you're thinking, "Oh no she didn't!"  Well, oh yes she did!!  I took the gum out of my mouth, waited a minute to make sure no one was looking, I gave John a little nudge, then I pushed the gum into the UNDERSIDE of Dude's coat.  You know how sherpa's have that really nice fleece lining?  Dude's now has gum ground into his! In the back!  At the bottom!  Did I mention that his coat was car length?! So when Dude sat down the gum more than likely stuck his coat to his pants!?! 

OK, so I know it was wrong.  I know it was childish.  If I knew who he was or where he lived, I'd apologize.  Ha, who am I kidding?  No I wouldn't!!  Dude completely deserved it!!  I did feel bad afterward.  I'm a big believer in Karma, I was worried this was going to come back to me three fold.  When I told this to John, he said that me putting the gum in his coat was Karma.  He said that Dude deserved it and that I was merely the conveyance of Karma.  Thanks, honey, it's a nice thought. 

So, the moral of the story.  Don't mess with me when you're wearing your nice coat.  ;-)

2 comments: