Thursday, December 2, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Yup.  I like snow.  Actually, that's an understatement.  I LOVE snow!  Nice, big, fluffy, wet snow!  The kind that falls so fast you can't see two feet in front of you.  The kind that makes your feet soaking wet despite your best attempts at keeping them dry.  Bone chilling, traffic stopping, run to the store for bread, milk and toilet paper SNOW!  There, I said it.  So, shoot me, I love this cold, wet gift from Nature! 

Last year we had the most amazing snow storm ever.  Three feet!!  The first storm dumped about two feet, it took us days to dig ourselves out.  Then the second storm hit and reburied our excavated driveway.  We were stuck, and it was awesome!   We slept in, cuddled on the couch, popped popcorn and watched movies.  Can life be any better than a snow storm?  I just keep putting my foot in my mouth, don't I?  I know I'm about the only one who loves it, but I do. 

It's probably not as much the actual snow that I love, but more the way the snow stops life.  Our world screeches to a halt.  No one can go anywhere, there's no traffic on the roads, the stores are empty.  It's almost post-apocalyptic.  Instead of rushing around, creating havoc, producing trash and pollution, people are in their homes with their families.  Unless you hate your loved ones, I don't see how a week off from work is a bad thing!

Snow forces people to stay home, to slow down.  We have no choice in the matter.  Ironic, isn't it, that a speed freak like me wants the world to slow down?  When I stop, when I take some time to look around and appreciate the scenery, I feel whole.  There's nothing like sitting in the window watching the snow falling, blanketing the Earth, the trees, connecting all of nature with one, even coating of sparking, white fluff.  Ok, and knocking out the power lines, but...whatever.  I still love it! 

So, that's my short and maybe not so sweet blog for today.  Let it snow! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I agree! It's a magical outside and cozy time inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for snow, and yay for those of us who love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete