Thursday, November 25, 2010

I guess they can't revoke your soul for trying.  Get out of the door, light out and look all around.

I spent the day today with some amazing people, I'm thankful for today.  It is thanksgiving, after all.....

At dinner today we placed a bowl in the center of the table.  We all wrote on pieces of paper and placed into the bowl the things we're thankful for.  When we read them aloud there were the usual thanks for football teams, thanks for the food, thanks for family, love, happiness...  

I'm not at all discounting these things, they're so so important and, admittedly, a few were written by me (go Ravens! :-P) I'm very thankful to be here with amazing people, sharing a huge meal of fantastic food...making memories.

What I'm grateful for though, at least at this point in my life, is my spiritual journey. What a long, stange trip it's been and I'm loving every second of it. This universe is amazing. Every animal, every grain of sand, every breath of air can be so overwhelming when I stop to think about it. The every essence of our Earth feeds my soul, it makes me whole.

After dinner we took a walk on the beach, the clouds were hiding the moon but I knew she was still there.  I could feel her warmth.  Sometimes all it takes is an open heart. 

1 comment:

  1. The spiritual journey is the most rewarding for the soul, as it is our life's pleasure and beingness. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete