Monday, May 2, 2011

Every day is a winding road

This past weekend was Beltane.  We had a friend over, they had hamburgers, I had a veggie burger, we hung out, talked, had a fire in the pit, and enjoyed the company until well into the early morning.  It could not have been a nicer evening.

We had the iPod going, set to shuffle, and Sheryl Crow's "Every day is a winding road" came on.  There was a roaring fire going, we were tossing into the fire wheat shafts from yardwork done earlier in the day, so the flames were large.   Embers were floating maybe 10 feet into the air, they danced as they traveled upwards.  I was sitting in a chair, my head was tilted back, and I sat quietly listening to the music while watching these embers dance.  The sky was perfectly clear, I could see every star.  As the embers traveled upward, they faded, then disappeared, and it became difficult for me to tell which were dying embers and which were stars.  They all blended together.  Stars became embers, embers stars, the unity of it all was astounding.

Sometimes it amazes me how connected I can feel with the Universe.  Everything clicks, and I become one with the world.  Yea, ok, totally makes me sound like a nature loving hippie freak.  Hey, this is my freak flag and I'm flying it!


Seriously, it's nights like those that reaffirm my beliefs, my faith.  They strengthen my spirituality and validate that little burning ember I carry within me that tells me that this is real.  What I feel is real.  Others don't "get" it not because they can't, but because they won't.  I get it.  And a big shout out to those who know what I'm talking about.  You get it too.  Yay for us! 

So today is national coming out day.  That's national Pagan coming out day.  I may come out.  I may not.  I may post this secretly, hoping that only some see it.  Again, I may not.  I now know what my best childhood friend went through when she came out to me that she is a lesbian.  It sucks to be judged.  A lot. 

OK, so here goes...  my blog for today....  Every day is a winding road, and I get a little big closer to feeling fine.  Blessed be!

2 comments:

  1. I love those ember stars! Sounds like a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was perfect! I thought about you, the dancing embers looked like little fairy souls rising from the ashes, it was the coolest thing!

    ReplyDelete